Sunday 6 July 2014

American Flag Nails!

American Flag Nails!

In honour of it being Independence Day across the pond last Friday and the fact that I'm on holiday in America soon, I thought I would do a twist on regular American flag nails. 

Rating: ****

Finished nails
Tools
Stamper


I used:
  • Rimmel 703 White Hot Love
  • Color Show 661 Ocean Blue
  • Collection 20005 Fire Engine
  • Barry M 54 Clear
  • Small metal tipped paintbrush
  • Salon Express Stamper

Step 1

Paint all your nails white.


Step 2

Paint your thumbs blue.



Step 3

Use the paintbrush to paint the stripes on all your fingers (not the thumb).



Step 4

Using the large star from the star and moon stamper with the white nail varnish, place a few stars on the thumb. Don't put too many or it will look crowded and make sure they don't overlap.



Step 5

Cover the design in the clear top coat to protect it and smooth it all out. I also paired this with painted toes since I'll be wearing sandals a lot over the summer. I did my big toes blue and the others alternating red and white to look vaguely like the flag.


If you have any suggestions or questions, please email them to nail.art12345@gmail.com or leave a comment below 


No comments:

Post a Comment