Sunday 11 August 2013

Diagonal split nails!

Diagonal Split Nails!

Rating: *

Finished nails (2 stripe)
Finished nails (3 stripe)
Tools
I used:
  • 'Maybelline New York 825 Oh So Close'
  • 'Maybelline New York 840 Purple Reflect'
  • 'Maybelline New York 820 Winner Takes It All'
  • 'Collection 2000 Nail Care Top Coat'
  • Sticky tape

Step 1

Paint your nails with the colour you would like to be closest to the base of the nail. For both of these designs I chose the purple. 


Step 2

Stick the tape over part of the nail closest to the base. The distance depends on how many stripes you want on your nails; the more stripes, the closer it needs to be to the base of the nail. I stuck mine at an angle however you could just as easily make it straight. Then paint the section which isn't covered by the tape. You will need to remove the tape fairly quickly after painting it or it will pull off the varnish. For the 2 stripe one I chose gold as my other colour and for the 3 stripe one I chose silver.



Step 3

Repeat this as many times as you want stripes! For my 3 stripe one I chose gold as the final colour.


Finally, paint over each nail with the top coat to seal in the design and clean up around the nails to make them look neat.

If you have any suggestions or questions, please email them to nail.art12345@gmail.com or leave a comment below


No comments:

Post a Comment